Relocating Your Office? – Here are tips that can help in office relocation
Are you excited to relocate your office to a new place? We understand that it is not an easy job. Moving to the new office space means that all the office equipment and important files must be packed properly and transported to the new location.
With some helpful tips mentioned here, you will be able to move to the new location faster and ensure that nothing important is left behind in the previous office space with the help of moving companies with expertise in office relocation services.
Plan your office relocation early
Moving your office space is not an easy job if you are planning to do it all on your own and haven’t checked out any of the business moving companies in your area yet. Having an adaptable office relocation company will reduce the need to shut down your operations irrespective of the office type.
Additionally, several valuable and fragile pieces of equipment need to be safely transported to the new location, which is possible only when you select the most trusted and reputed moving company that offers office relocation services for your needs. So, let us see the first step to moving your office with the help of Sarasota Sunshine movers and their office relocation services.
Make an official announcement to inform employees
When you decide to move the office to a new location, it is important to remember that you oversee several employees and teams that would have to move to the new location. So, informing them is the most important thing you should do at the start of the entire process. As Sunshine Sarasota Movers is an expert in office relocation services, it should be quite easy for you to move the office to the new location. In addition, the following points will also make it easier for you to navigate through the moving organization checklist:
- Announcing the impending move to the new office space to the employees is an effective way to ensure that everyone is aware. Scheduling the announcement during a lunch meeting is a safe way.
- Mention the reason for the move and state the positive side of moving to the employees so that they can feel excited about the move.
- Giving details with an attractively designed hard copy about the location, the amenities at the new location, day and date, timeline, and other related information will also help in creating some excitement.
- Asking for feedback and employees from employees will provide you with a vision of what they expect. A corporate relocation package will also help get to know their mindset and allow them to make proper decisions.
- Being sensitive about how the move will affect each employee will help. Some employees may wish to move on. Hence, it is a suitable time to assess and reorganize the team.
- Send a mail to all team members so that employees can keep a reference about the timeline of the move.
- Finally, remember to inform all your business clients and customers about moving to the new location. Then, they can contact you in case of any needs or queries.
Once all the office employees, clients, and customers have been informed of the moving plans, it is time to start the moving process. Here is where the role of professional business moving companies like Sarasota Sunshine Movers is considered important. So, let us move to understand the points that qualify the hiring of a professional office relocation company, including Sarasota Sunshine Movers.
Hire a professional moving company
Choosing and hiring a professional moving company to move the office to a new location is a major step. Sarasota Sunshine Movers has several years of experience as an office relocation company. The reasons why Sarasota Sunshine Movers is a viable choice:
- They provide several diverse types of moving services irrespective of the distance of the new office location.
- The moving professionals from Sarasota Sunshine Movers can also ensure that any important office equipment and sensitive files and documents are packed properly to reduce damage.
- Due to their long-time expertise can also help relocate employees from the office's original location to the new location.
- Suppose the new office location is not ready for the office relocation services. In that case, Sunshine Sarasota Movers can store all the office equipment and furniture until you can move into the new office location.
Sarasota Sunshine Movers can complete the office moving services, which means that you can be assured that they will be able to complete the entire office relocation service with minimal damage. Once all the required steps for business moving companies like Sarasota Sunshine Movers are completed, you can focus on the next part of the moving process, cleaning the old office location.
Clean your office
After you have moved out of the old office space with the help of the office relocation services from Sarasota Sunshine Movers, it is important to clean the old office space. Doing so will make it easy for the next organization to move the office without much effort. Whether you hire a cleaning service to clean each part of the office or clean the office by yourself, the following points will help:
- Areas like vents, shades, windows, and ceiling fans need to be cleaned. Desks, tables and surfaces, and light fixtures should also be cleaned.
- Glass cleaners for door and window glasses need to be cleaned.
- Replace non-working bulbs, dust HVAC vents, and filters
- Remove any stains, cobwebs, or marks on the wall
- Get carpets professionally steam cleaned
- Fill up nail holes after removing nails from the wall
- Finally, place all the trash bags into a trash can
Suppose you are hiring commercial cleaning services to clean the former office space. In that case, it is good to contact business moving companies like Sarasota Sunshine Movers, as they can provide you with names of some of the best cleaning services that can work within your budget. However, it also depends on the size of your business or organization, and if your moving budget allows, you can surely hire a professional cleaning service. You have moved quite far along the moving organization checklist, but there are some minor updates you need to do, which will help you gain more clients and customers. It will also help you ensure that your existing clients and customers can contact you whenever they need to get information or help with any sudden requirements.
Update your address everywhere
Once you have selected the new office space after relocation and started packing your office equipment and the documents, it is also important to start printing the office stationery with the new address. Once you have packed up all the office equipment and furniture boxes for the new office space, it is time to update the office address across all social media platforms.
Additionally, it would help if you remembered that all your legal documents also need to reflect the new office address, which will reduce the chances of any legal issues in the future. Since business moving companies are always active in moving offices from one location to the other, an office relocation company like Sarasota Sunshine Movers will be able to help you in understanding the process of updating your office address. They will also provide you with the best legal contacts who will be able to update the office address on all your legal documents. Also, here are a few of the most important places where you should mention the address change with a formal letter:
- The Post Office
- The Internal Revenue Service office
- The Office of The Secretary of State
- State or Federal Department of Revenue
- Utility Companies
- Insurance Providers
- Financial Accounts and Bank Correspondence
- Websites And Directory Listings
Once you have provided all the documents regarding the address change and proofs, the only thing you need to do now is unpacking all the boxes and equipment for set-up. After the office has been set up and functional, you can begin working on existing or new projects. The benefit of hiring professional office relocation services from Sarasota Sunshine Movers to move the office is that Sarasota Sunshine ensures that each office equipment is packed and moved with utmost care and inspected after unpacking. In case there are any damages, you can easily claim for damages sustained to the specific equipment with the help of the mover's insurance.
Sarasota Sunshine Movers always ensures that each relocation is done with utmost care and detail, irrespective of the type. As they always employ relocation best practices, it is easy to understand why Sarasota Sunshine Movers should be the best fit for your office relocation service requirements.
- How do you successfully move an office?
Moving an office is successful when you can ensure that the entire office relocation is well-planned from start to finish. It also includes selecting the best office relocation company for minimal damage and maximum satisfaction after setting up the office in the new office space.
- How do I move my office location?
Moving your office to a new location is possible with the help of a professional office relocation company that will take care of all the packing and moving. Remember to choose the most well-reputed and professional business moving company after researching all the important details.
- How do you make a relocation plan?
When you decide to move your office to a new location, it is necessary to designate a team that will be able to oversee all the packing and keep the moving budget in control. Once the office space is selected as per requirements, the lease type needs to be decided. Finally, the best moving company has to be selected for moving into the new office space.
- What is the first thing to do when moving?
The first thing to do when moving to a new office space is to ensure that you have a checklist for all the tasks that need to be completed. Then, with the help of a moving manager, each step of the office relocation can be completed, which includes cleaning the office space before leaving.