Average local move times
Get a downloadable version of this page in PDF on our Forms page
As we successfully complete hundreds of moves yearly, we have come up with average timeframes in which a move can take. There are many variables when estimating a moves. For this reason we have a chart showing both ‘low end’ and ‘high end’ averages. These estimates are based on average moving times for average furniture and boxes to be moved from ground level home to ground level home. Please see notes below to help determine if your move is on the low end or high end of the estimated time frame.
1 Bedroom Home
Low end: 2 movers 2-3 hours
High end: 2 movers 4-5 hours
2 Bedroom Home
Low end: 2 movers 4-5 hours
High end: 2 movers 6-7 hours
3 Bedroom Home 1500-1800 Sq.Ft
Low end: 2 movers 6-7 hours
High end: 3 movers 6-7 hours
3 Bedroom Home 1800-2300 Sq.Ft
Low end: 3 movers 7-8 hours
High end: 4 movers 7-8 hours
Common variables that play a big role in move times
- How furnished is the home? The more furniture in the home, the more items to wrap and take to the truck which adds time.
- Size and weight of the furniture - Heavier, bulky items take time to maneuver out of the house safely as well as loading into the truck while light zip in and out much quicker.
- *Miscellaneous items* - Miscellaneous/unpacked items take more time than anything as the men must hand carry these items as well as find a safe spot in the load for them. (Remember we do not carry any liability for unpacked items)
- How nice is the furniture - We take care of all items in our care however some higher end items or delicate items will need more time to properly wrap and handle.
- Preparation - Preparation is key to an efficient move. To be properly prepared for moving day, boxes must be sealed and ready to go while all furniture is empty, clean and ready to be wrapped and loaded. All debris removed from around the furniture and boxes is a huge plus.
- Disassembly / reassembly - Some items such as IKEA items, bunkbeds, and other furniture items take much more time than other simpler bed sets.
- Specialty items - Items such as antiques, pianos, gun safes, exercise equipment and other items that require extra time and care can add time to the move and in some cases require extra man power.
Remember, we are more than happy to help with any portion of your move. If you have miscellaneous items we are happy to help pack them. If you have bulky furniture, we will gladly take the time to properly handle the items. We only mention these things as it is our goal to educate our customers so that you may better understand and prepare for your move as you would like.