Bee Ridge Florida has existed since the second half of the 20th Century, especially after the construction of the Bee Ridge Hotel in 1914. After the early settlers found many bees found in the moderately dry and high ridge of land, the city gained its name. With a last known number of nearly 10,000 people in 2019, the tight-knit community of Bee Ridge is a great place to stay for you. Here are the reasons why you should consider moving into Bee Ridge a good idea.
Demographics & Population
In the area of Bee Ridge Florida, there are about 10,000 residents. The population density, when calculated in square meters, is about 3000. Among the men and women living in Bee Ridge, the median age comes around 54.8, while the male to female ratio comes around to about 0.9:1. Bee Ridge comprises 60% of married families, 12% are divorced, approximately 20% are married and have children, whereas 10% have children but are single.
Another aspect of the demographic and population is the languages spoken. Although, at the same time, nearly all people living in the Bee Ridge community talk in English, around 10% speak Spanish and English.
Best Localities in Bee Ridge, Florida
The best localities in or around Bee Ridge in Florida are mentioned below:
- Siesta Key
- Holmes Beach
- Alta Vista
- North Port
- Sarasota Springs
There are other great locations in the city of Bee Ridge that will be a great choice to move into. Sunshine Sarasota Movers are ready to provide you with all the help you need while moving to Bee Ridge.
Living Costs in Bee Ridge, Florida
The cost of living in Bee Ridge in Florida is half of the estimated costs in Washington, Columbia. The overall index for Bee Ridge comes in at 99, which means that housing comes in at 30%, followed by transportation (10%), entertainment and other miscellaneous expenses ( 32%), healthcare (7%), utilities (6%) and food and groceries (15%).
Also, the real estate cost to buy homes in Bee Ridge, Florida, is around $245, 600 wherein the highest percentage of homes range around the $200 to $399k mark (49%), followed by $100 to $199k (29%), $400 to $749K mark (16%), $50 to $199k mark (4%), and the remaining are priced at less than $50k (1%). If you intend to rent a home, the highest-priced rented homes are around the $1000 to $1500 mark (44%), followed by homes at $1500 to $1999 price range (32%), $500 to $2000+ price range (10%) while the lowest percentage of homes are priced at less than $500 (3%). Therefore, you should consider all the mentioned information before thinking of moving into Bee Ridge.
Weather in Bee Ridge, Florida
In Bee Ridge, Florida, the weather varies from wet, long, humid, and hot in summers to cool, windy and cloudy on some days. In a year, Bee Ridge's temperatures usually vary from 52 degrees Fahrenheit to 89 degrees Fahrenheit and quite rarely goes down to 39 degrees Fahrenheit or above 93 degrees Fahrenheit. According to the tourism score, you can visit Bee Ridge for warm-weather activities from late February to mid-May and from late October to early December.
As the hot season remains for about 4.6 months, and the cold season remains for 2.8 months. The hottest month in Bee Ridge in August, where the temperature ranges from 89 degrees Fahrenheit to 75 degrees Fahrenheit. The coldest month is January, where the temperature ranges from 53 degrees Fahrenheit to 71 degrees Fahrenheit.
Fun Activities in Bee Ridge, Florida
While living in Bee Ridge, Florida, there are a lot of activities that you can do by yourself or with your family. Some of the most popular activity spots in Bee Ridge, Florida are:
- With its 101 acres of public shoreline, Siesta Key Beach is a great place to watch a volleyball game in the shade, play amongst the waves, or relax with a picnic basket. The shaded tables in the grassy area provide you with a direct view of the beach. In addition, amenities like a playground, an outdoor shower, and restrooms make it a great outdoor day.
- During the day or night, visiting St. Armands Circle is fun to explore and shop. The variety of retail shops and dining establishments makes it an excellent option for everyone. In addition, sidewalk musicians, lush vegetation, and sandy beaches make it possible for you to take some time out for yourself.
- For tourists visiting Bee Ridge sightseeing, kayaking, taking a food tour, visiting the John and Mable Ringling Museum of Art, Van Wezel Performing Arts Hall, Mote Marine Laboratory, and Aquarium, the Jungle Gardens in Sarasota are also excellent places to visit.
- Restaurants on Bee Ridge offer a variety of cuisines that you can try out or visit with family and friends.
- Bee Ridge Park in Florida is a 10-acre park with various sports and entertainment options and meeting rooms and picnic tables that will ensure that you have a great time with your friends and family.
There are several areas which you can visit other than the locations mentioned above to understand the history and culture of Bee Ridge, Florida, better.
Excellent Job Opportunities in Bee Ridge, Florida
Bee Ridge, Florida, is home to a variety of industries in different sectors. The most sought-after sector is the healthcare sector, with nearly 13.6% of the residents involved in this field. Construction, educational and professional sectors follow at around 7%. Accommodation and food services take up 6.8% of the industry, followed by administrative, support, and waste management services at 5.7%. Lastly, the real estate and rental and leasing industry come in at 4.2%.
Also, the most common occupations at Bee Ridge Florida are mentioned below:
- Sales and related occupations at 6.2%
- Retail workers excluding cashiers at 5.6%
- Management occupations excluding farmers and farm managers at 4.9%
- Sanitation and Maintenance occupations at 4.9%
- Sales and Manufacturing at 4.3%
- Food preparation workers at 4.3%, and
- Registered nurses at 4.1%
Real Estate, Shopping, Healthcare & Schools in Bee Ridge, Florida
Bee Ridge in Sarasota County in Florida is considered to be one of the best places to live. Due to its scattered suburban appearance and houses owned by most of the residents, there are a lot of places you can explore. In addition, some of the residents are conservative retired people, and the public schools have received a high rating.
Bee Ridge has been graded an overall A due to the great options for housing, schooling, cost of living, and other related services. In addition, although there is reduced diversity among residents, a significant percentage of the residents have some college or associate degrees that can help them find employment. Also, due to a low crime rate or related incidents, people living in Bee Ridge have a relatively safer living situation.
Schools in Bee Ridge, Florida
The best schools in Bee Ridge, Florida, are as follows:
- Pine View School
- NewGate School
- Riverview School
- Ashton Elementary
- Sarasota School of Arts and Sciences, among many others
Hospitals in Bee Ridge, Florida
The area of Bee Ridge in Florida has the Doctors Hospital of Sarasota to meet all the healthcare needs of the residents. However, since different illnesses require the expertise of related medical teams, there are around 15 teams for each organ and part of the body. According to the last gathered data in 2018, The total number of discharges was 7,665, and the full discharges based on Medicaid was around 1.36%, whereas Medicare discharges were at approximately 53%. Therefore, the total revenue gained was about $721,609,164. Additionally, the total patient days were counted at 29,635 days.
Other amenities available at Bee Ridge, Florida
There are a variety of shopping centers, restaurants, golf communities, and business and corporate parks that make it a great place to be a resident in and around Bee Ridge City in Florida.
Tips for Moving to Bee Ridge, Florida
The reasons for which you should consider moving to Bee Ridge in Florida, apart from its high ranks, are given below:
- Due to the great weather all year round, you can involve yourself in various fun outdoor activities.
- The low cost of living and easy-to-buy homes combined with a suburban feeling make it an excellent choice.
- Public schools in the Bee Ridge area of Florida have been highly rated and provide quality education.
- The diversity of parks, restaurants, and bars are also an excellent option for you to choose from for a fun evening out with friends or family.
Moving to Bee Ridge Florida
All the information given above should provide you with an indication as to how your own life would be while living in Bee Ridge, Florida. Hence, if you are thinking of starting a new chapter in your life in Bee Ridge, you should choose the best, where Sarasota Sunshine Movers comes in. Here's why Sunshine Sarasota Movers can be the best choice for your moving requirements:
1) Stress-free and professional moving services
2) Proper and safe packing of all possessions
3) Fully equipped with all modern tools needed for packing
4) Round-the-clock friendly customer support for queries and concerns
Also, to minimize the spread of infection, safety masks and gloves are used along with proper social distance rules and video surveying while packing up possessions for moving.