Utility Guide for Bradenton and Tampa in Florida
When you move into Florida, you get the gift of sunny weather, white sand beaches, delicious food, and several entertainment options. With this guide, you will learn about the cost of utilities in the state of Florida. Therefore, if you are considering moving to Florida, with this utility guide, you will get to know the process of getting all the utilities connected to your home when you move into Florida, especially in Bradenton and Tampa.
Setting Up Your Electricity in Tampa and Bradenton
The average electric bill in Florida is quite high, with residents paying around $130 per month. These charges are nearly 13% higher than the national average of around $112. Knowing this important data makes it easier for you to choose the best area to move into within the city of Bradenton or Tampa. Depending on the distance of the move, moving experts from Sarasota Sunshine Movers will be able to suggest to you the best-suited areas to purchase a home. The experts will also help you in covering other related moving costs.
Although we have discussed the cost of utilities in Florida, it is also important to get some clarity about the city of Tampa and Bradenton and the utilities. You will also learn about the steps to set up your electricity supplies in Tampa as well as Bradenton.
- Open the TECO website and complete the online form provided for address change.
- Enter the zip code of the area to which you have moved to start, then enter the new address of your home.
- If your internet has not been set up, you can easily reach their toll-free number to start electricity service at your current location.
- They will ask for address verification with the help of mail that has your current address printed on it.
Once the above steps are completed, you can get electricity to your residence. Further on, you will learn about the steps to paying the electricity charges for your home, depending on the usage.
PAYING YOUR POWER BILL
Compared to the high prices of the average electric bill in Florida, the cost of power bills in both Tampa and Bradenton is comparatively lower. At the same time, you get ready to move to either Bradenton or Tampa with the help of moving experts from Sarasota Sunshine Movers. Here are some important points to know about the process of paying your power bill for your home:
- You can make a one-time payment option through your debit, credit card, or bank account. The autopay option available for debit cards withdraws the amount from your account every month.
- In-person payments can be made from a Western Union branch in any location.
- Lastly, you can mail the payment to the registered address for Tampa Electric Company.
The average cost of Tampa's electric bill has a basic charge of $15 per month. The rates calculated per month is around 5.495 cents per kilowatt for under 1,000 kilowatts and 6.495 cents per kilowatt for over 1,000 kilowatts. So finally, Tampa electric pay bill for residents is around $112.
The contact information for Tampa Electric Utilities is mentioned below:
TECO: 820 S 78th St, Tampa, FL 33619, (813) 223-0800
In the next part, you will learn about Florida utilities and compare the prices for gas connections in the cities of Bradenton and Tampa. You can also get some insight from moving experts from Sarasota Sunshine Movers.
You need to set up a gas connection to your home among the other Florida utilities. The Peoples Gas System, a division of TECO, is considered one of several safe pipelines for natural gas delivery to your home. Founded in 1895, the company has created a strong reputation for providing homes and businesses with environmentally friendly and affordable natural gas utilities. The method of setting up a gas connection for your home has been mentioned:
- Fill out the same form needed to start your home's electricity connection.
- To start, you will need to enter your home's zip code and address and add all the details asked on the website.
- Paying your gas bills while living in Tampa or Bradenton is possible through the following options:
- Set up Autopay, or make in-person payments through Western Union payment locations
- Mail your payment with the envelope provided
4) The charges of the gas connections in Tampa can range from $12 to $20 per month and $0.25 to $0.09 per therm. So finally, the average monthly bill you get is around $106.
5) Also, Bradenton's total cost of utilities is around $150 per month, which is quite low since there is no requirement of paying taxes.
You face any issues while using the gas connection to your home. The following contact details will ensure a quick resolution:
TECO Peoples Gas: 702 N Franklin St, Tampa, FL 33602, (877) 832-6747
After you have moved into your new home with the help of professional moving experts from Sarasota Sunshine Mover, the new residence has working electricity and gas connections. However, you need to ensure that you have water supply connections provided when you live at the current address.
Since Bradenton and Tampa are quite close to each other, Tampa water utilities and Bradenton water utilities are handled by the administrative officials of both cities. Therefore, the steps to apply for water, wastewater, and solid waste services in your home are as follows:
- Apply online through the Customer Service Message Center or call the Utilities Call Center. The request will take at least two to five days to be processed.
- The water bills in both Bradenton and Tampa are within the range of $50 to $80.
- Further, suppose you want to end the water connection once you move to a different location. In that case, you can either fill out the form or directly call the water supplier regarding the discontinuation of water, wastewater, and solid waste at Tampa and Bradenton.
Finally, when it comes to internet connections, there are several service providers from which you can choose the best suited for your needs and the plans available for which the information can be found further. In this regard, professional moving experts from Sarasota Sunshine Movers will also help you connect with the best internet service providers. The latter can provide the best internet connections suitable for your budget and requirements.
Tampa and Bradenton Internet Service Providers
Whether you are moving for work or any other reason into Tampa or Bradenton, you will need reliable and strong internet to ensure your work or important project is completed within time and have minimal issues due to poor connectivity. The method of setting up the internet connection in your home can be summed up with the following points:
- Connect one end of the Ethernet cable to the ethernet or LAN port at the back of the modem. The other end of the Ethernet port should be connected to the computer.
- Depending on the internet service, you can either use a DSL internet plug or a cable internet plug and connect it to the internet outlet in the wall.
- Connect the modem power cord to a power outlet and the router to the internet.
- After the modem and router have been switched on, test your internet connection by navigating to a website.
- Set up the modem and network. Add a password, create a security protocol, rename the network, and update the router firmware.
- Finally, connect to a wireless network by entering the username and password.
The blog has compared the average electric bill in Florida and the average cost of paying electric bills in Tampa and Bradenton. With this blog, you have also learned how to register and deregister yourself from Bradenton and Tampa utilities when you move to a different city or state.
Another good idea is to enquire about all the Florida utility companies and their charges from seasoned moving professionals working in Sarasota Sunshine Movers. With all the important and necessary information about the utilities in the city of Tampa and Bradenton provided, it should be easy for you to choose the best utility provider per your budget and requirements.
What are the average utility bills in Florida?
The average utility bills in Florida are priced at around $400, with electricity at $111, natural gas at $73, water at $71, cable TV at $85, the internet is available at $60 and recyclable, and trash is at $14.
How high are electric bills in Florida?
According to information from Energy Information Administration in the USA, the electric bills in Florida are priced at around $127. The prices are around 13% higher than the national average of $112.
What is the average electric bill for a one-bedroom apartment in Florida?
The average electric bill for a one-bedroom apartment in Florida is around $131.